COCKTAIL: KOMBUCHA MOJITO
The Mojito is a refreshing cocktail which is a deeply rooted in Cuban history. One of the nation’s oldest cocktails, the mixture of white rum, mint, sugar and lime juice has been time tested and approved by many.
While it has existed for a long a time, it is a cocktail easily adapted to modern times. Kombucha has a nice way of changing the flavor profile of a Mojito without dominating it’s lovable characteristics. Old meets new in a beautiful way.
It’s the type of cocktail that is made in to a big pitcher, shared with friends and is finished as quickly as it is made. The sweet and citrus taste paired with the smell of mint and rum instantly puts you in a relaxed state of mind. Reminiscent of lazy beach days of the past and future. Patios and good friends. Sunglasses and warm radiating heat. Wait where am I again? and where did my Kombucha Mojito go?
In this recipe we will show you how to fix a classic Mojito with a modern twist using kombucha. The Kombucha Mojito will give you something to smile about.
- Jigger or Shot Glass
- Tall Serving Glass
- 1.5 ounces of white rum
- 1 lime wedge
- 4 ounces of Mojito Kombucha
- 1/2 ounce of simple syrup (optional) – equal parts water and plain sugar dissolved
- Ice cubes
- Combine the simple syrup, Mojito Kombucha and rum in to the cup and stir.
- Squeeze the lime wedge and add to mixture.
- Add ice.
- Serve immediately.
- Both kombucha and lime juice have a sour flavor. Most prefer to use a bit of simple syrup to increase the sweetness to counter the tart citrus. If your kombucha still has a sweet flavor this may not be necessary.